If you’re like most other adults, you probably haven’t given your shoe size much thought lately. But believe it or not, an astonishing two thirds of people wear the improper size. Some wear styles that are too small or large, but for many, it’s the wrong width. Wide feet affect millions of individuals throughout the world, and since most shoes only come in medium widths, they often end up with an uncomfortably narrow fit. Here at Geckoman, we believe no one should have to squeeze into too-small shoes just because they can’t find the proper width. That’s why wide width shoes are essential. Being aware that you have the foot condition is the first step in getting the right footwear. For those who count their steps for exercise or are on their feet all day at work, comfortable, supportive, accommodating shoes are essential. So, what are the best women’s walking shoes for wide feet? Read on to find out.
THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD WALKING SHOES FOR WIDE FEET
Before we get into the different styles of best walking shoes, let’s discuss the importance of a good pair of best working shoes. As you age, your body goes through various changes. Muscles and tendons can stretch, leading to wider feet for some people. Years of walking on wide feet without proper support can wear down the fatty pads that cushion your soles, which you really want to avoid.
When purchasing footwear, your foot type and foot condition should never be overlooked. Certain shoes will feel quite different on your feet than the next person’s. Wearing narrow styles with a wider foot creates unnecessary foot pain and rubbing that may lead to calluses, painful blisters, bunions, hammertoe, or ingrown toenails.
Additionally, if you struggle with heel pain (plantar fasciitis) or chronic knee or back discomfort, it is crucial to wear a comfortable walking shoe with proper support and a roomy toe box—especially when walking. For those with frequently swollen ankles, toe pain, or arthritis should look for a wide shoe with a cushioned insole.
WHAT ARE THE BEST WALKING SHOES FOR WIDE FEET?
Having wide feet shouldn’t stop you from doing what you want to do and going where you want to go. That’s why Geckoman is committed to creating comfy, cute footwear for women and men with wide feet. This includes a range of comfortable shoe options you can wear while walking:
1 Women’s Slip-On Slippers With Arch Support
– “Perfect – Super Comfy! Bought them as slippers for my house – look much better than slippers when friends come over!
– “Comfortable and wide which is exactly what I was looking for! Great house shoe!”
– “These are some of the best slippers ever. I am going to order another pair. They are true to size.”
They helps alleviate pain on the heel and ball of the foot caused by flat feet, plantar fasciitis, bunions, arthritis, neuropathy, and diabetes. If you are experiencing these issues, shop now.
2 Reebok Women’s Club C 85 Vintage Sneakers
– “These are very well made, practical, durable, very well designed “old school” type tennis shoes. … They are great on a tennis court, great for walking, … An absolutely fantastic product. …I don’t think you can improve much on this classic leather athletic shoe.”
- These sneakers use a soft garment leather upper to provide full foot support. The top of the tongue and heel are lined with terry cloth to provide comfort. The vintage woven Reebok label adds appeal and style.
- Effective foot support: The die-cut EVA midsole absorbs impact, and the padded foam insole provides sensitive cushioning support, which can withstand multiple walks and jogging
- Comfortable and sturdy: The high wear-resistant rubber outsole increases the long-lasting responsiveness.
- It is very suitable for daily, casual and sports casual wear.
3 Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoes
– “Comfortable, reliable shoe. Fits well and is very supportive.”
– “Perfect for daily use. Well cushioned. True to size. Comfy overall!”
It is precisely that this shoe own a wheelbase arch, a responsive 5Gen buffer, and a high resilience insole, so it is particularly lightweight and flexible, and has a breathable mesh upper parameter cushioning 5Gen midsole can increase comfort.
4 Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk Slip-On Walking Shoes
– “Size is perfect very comfortable from 1st day if wearing them no blisters or sore feet .”
– “I absolutely love my go walks! Would recommend them to anyone! I own several pair! I’ve bought them also for others as a gift!! So comfortable and sturdy!
It has a nearly seamless elastic upper with anti-slip patterns on the front. Stretch the center top panel for easy sliding fit. There is also a pull heel loop design, and it has a soft and smooth fabric shoe lining, easy to wear barefoot.
5 Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoes
-“I have been looking for slip on sneakers for taking my dog outside a couple times per day. I just don’t walk as easily in sandals or flip flops. These are so comfortable and put a spring in your step!”
They are extremely lightweight and breathable with a memory foam cushioned heel and upper. Its two-piece midsole consists of resalyte and goga pillars absorbs impacts
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING WALKING SHOES FOR WIDE FEET
When shopping for footwear for wide feet, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, not all shoes are designed for walking, so you’ll want to look for something that accommodates an active lifestyle.
The best walking shoes for wide feet will have:
- Broad footbeds
- Roomy toe boxes
- Sufficient arch support
- Sturdy outsoles
- Shock-absorbent soles
- Adjustable straps or laces
- Good traction
Your best bet is a pair of best walking shoes, like the styles from Geckoman. Why? Our orthotic footwear checks all the boxes for wide feet in terms of size, design, arch support. We carry men’s and women’s shoes in whole and half sizes, and our ladies’ styles are available in wide widths.
Men’s and Women’s Wide-Width Shoes for Problem Feet
Geckoman is proud to be a trusted resource for comfortable shoes for a range of foot conditions. We’ve got men’s and women’s wide width shoes for problem feet, including slip-on sneakers, lace-up loafer shoes, walking shoes, canvas slippers and adjustable leather sandals .
And with Geckoman, you never have to choose between comfort and fashion—even if you have wide feet. Order a pair today! See our blog for more on how to deal with problem feet! Evaluating the cause of foot pain after walking is a good start for those suffering from flat feet pain!